Parks Locator widget in ArcGIS Solution template freezes when editing

06-23-2020 02:59 PM
WillArellano
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I just started using the Parks Locator solution for local government and everything was great until I went to edit the WebApp's Park Locator widget and everything just froze in "loading" mode. I let it sit and "load" for an hour and still no luck. Any suggestions? Below is a screenshot of where it freezes. 

Local Government Solutions Users‌, ArcGIS Solutions

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MattBullock
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I just ran through a fresh deployment of the Park Locator and was not able to replicate the issue you mentioned above. What browser are you using? Is you use Chrome, you can open up the developer tools and we can look at what is happening with the request. You can also try closing out the tab and trying to edit to widget in a new tab, just in case something timed out. 

Best, 

Matt (Government Solutions Team)

WillArellano
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for trying. I ended up deleting the entire thing and redeploying it which worked to correct the problem. I am going to keep checking on it as I change things to see if I can figure out what happened. I had tried it in the newest version of chrome, and also tried clearing my cache. Must be something I did to it in trying to customize it to our needs. If I figure anything out I will come back here to report. 

0 Kudos
MattBullock
Esri Contributor

Sounds good. Definitely reach out if you encounter any other issue. 

0 Kudos
WillArellano
Occasional Contributor

I have figured out the point where I went wrong the first time, but have no idea how to fix it now. 

1) I added fields through the Solutions Deployment tasks using ArcPro, and also added Domains - everything still worked properly

2) I added data to the Park and Recreation Sites layer using the Load Data task - everything still worked

The data was added as expected, but would not show up in the web map. To fix this, I removed the layer that was already in the web map and re-added the public layers. This made the park sites show up in the web map and the web app, but now I can't get into the Park Locator widget again because it just freezes. I don't know how to fix this. 

0 Kudos
WillArellano
Occasional Contributor

I gave up trying to fix it and just deleted everything and started again. 

0 Kudos