Error when labeling block inserts with ATTDEF

06-16-2020 04:40 PM
CraigRoberts
New Contributor

I am attempting to label blocks by including block attribute definitions with the same name as the feature field names (per "Labeling of block inserts" in help file).  I *think* I had this working previously, but now I am receiving the error "Error adding entities to drawing (PipePoint)".  I only get the error if attributes are attached to the block.  No attributes = no problem.

I am using Civil 3D 2019 and ArcGIS for Autocad 370.  I am handling the CAD side of this project and am relatively new to GIS.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Roberts_Craig
New Contributor III

After a lot of head scratching, I discovered that extracted (local) feature services will return an error if you have block attributes with the same name as fields.  Added features or services will work fine.

Does anyone know if there is there an underlying reason for this?  It would be nice to be able to sync the values for extracted services too.

0 Kudos
Roberts_Craig
New Contributor III

This problem is caused by using ArcGIS for Autocad 370 in Autocad 2019 or later.  Upgrading to AFA 400 solves the problem.

AFA 370 was developed before Autocad 2019 and therefore is not designed to be compatible with 2019 or later.