Clone Hosted Feature Service in Portal for ArcGis

Jump to solution
03-31-2015 11:38 AM
KarstenRank
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

is it possible to clone a Hosted Feature Service in Portal for ArcGis and give the "new" one different permissions (e.g. not editable) then the original service?

Thanks for your help and any ideas,

Karsten

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Karsten,

> is it possible to clone a Hosted Feature Service in Portal for ArcGis and give the "new" one different permissions (e.g. not editable) then the original service?

This is not a supported workflow in Portal for ArcGIS at this time. Workaround: I suppose you could re-publish the original source data as a new, separate hosted feature service (immediately after you publish the original one) with a different name to support this workflow.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

​(bump ... Sorry I don't have an answer)

it may help to move this to Portal for ArcGIS   since it may get more users that use Portal.

you should see the option to move the thread in the right column.  More info Moving Content

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Karsten,

> is it possible to clone a Hosted Feature Service in Portal for ArcGis and give the "new" one different permissions (e.g. not editable) then the original service?

This is not a supported workflow in Portal for ArcGIS at this time. Workaround: I suppose you could re-publish the original source data as a new, separate hosted feature service (immediately after you publish the original one) with a different name to support this workflow.

Hope this helps,

KarstenRank
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Derek,

I also found this way. Would it be supported in future? We want to store some sample feature service and clone them in the Portal.

Thanks,

Karsten

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Karsten,

At this time there are no plans to implement this functionality. Please submit your Portal for ArcGIS enhancement request here:

Esri Arcgis Ideas | Ideas Submission Portal

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos