Photo Rotated in Attachment Viewer

04-28-2020 11:44 AM
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

This morning I tried out the Attachment Viewer web app and noticed that photos within the same feature layer and displayed in other web apps (Basic Viewer and Time Aware web app) which show the correct orientation are shown upside down in the attachment viewer app. Why would this be? I can look at the photo attachment in the AGOL web map and it looks great (right direction), but when I click on the same feature in the Attachment Viewer the photo is upside down. 

Is there a way to rotate the individual images how they are viewed in the Attachment Viewer? Because the photos view correctly in the other apps I don't want to rotate the .jpg attachment itself? 

Thanks for your help in advance,

Kathy

17 Replies
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Kathy,

Would it be possible to provide the link to the Attachment Viewer application? Were the images collected using an ArcGIS mobile application like survey123 or QuickCapture?

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos
EmilyZeilberger
New Contributor II

Hi Sarah,

I have the same issue if you could please help me out. The images were taken with Collector. They are all oriented correctly in the web map. In the attachment viewer, the landscape photos are oriented correctly, but all portrait photos are rotated. Most of my photos are portrait mode photos unfortunately, and I have upwards of 1000 photos in my application. Please help! Thank you.

0 Kudos
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Emily, 

Thanks for responding. Can you provide the links to your map and app? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JacquieKovarik
New Contributor III

Hi Sarah McDonald‌,

I'm experiencing the same issue. The photos used in the Attachment Viewer I've assembled were taken with the Survey123 app. Photo orientation is correct when viewing the attachment links in an ArcGIS Online web map, but all portrait mode photos are displaying in landscape orientation in the Attachment Viewer. Is this a bug within the application template?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Jacquie

0 Kudos
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Jacquie,

Can you provide the links to your web map and app? I am trying to reproduce the behavior on my end as well. 

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos
JacquieKovarik
New Contributor III

Hi Sarah McDonald‌,

Here's the app: Attachment Viewer 

Thanks,

Jacquie

0 Kudos
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Jacquie,

Thanks for providing the link to your app. I was able to see the issue with the attachment rotation. We are currently working to address this issue. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! 

Best,

Sarah

0 Kudos
JacquieKovarik
New Contributor III

Hi Sarah McDonald,

Thank you for looking into this for us! If this is a documented bug, please let me know so I can track the status.

Jacquie

0 Kudos
Harmde_Heer
New Contributor II

I am struggeling with the same problem, the photo's are shown up side down or 90 degrees right rotated.  

0 Kudos