Collection Possibilities

Jump to solution
06-02-2020 01:12 PM
jaykapalczynski
Frequent Contributor

I have a scenario where:

Feature Class

I have Event Data - Feature Class with point locations etc.

Tables

1 to 1 - Citizen Info (this data could be added to the event data FC) 

1 to Many - Species present Table (need to add multiple species associated with the Event FC)

1 to 1 - Bear Info Table

1 to 1 - Sick Dead Table

1 to 1 - Hemorrhagic Info Table

The three last tables above are categories that may or may not be populated.  But they will be related back to the Event Data Feature Class.

Is there a way that I can trigger a connection to one of the 3 tables (Bear, Sick, Hemorrhagic) from the Event Data FC.

User Story

A user adds and Event

The form will have options to add data to the related table "Citizen Info" (again I think this can be added to the FC)

The form will have options to add data (1 or many) to the related Species Table

If there is a bear present the form will present the option to add data to the related Bear Info Table

OR If there is a sick or dead animals present the form will present the option to add data to the related Sick Dead Table

OR If there is a hemorrhagic present the form will present the option to add data to the related Hemorrhagic Info Table

Please see attachment

I am trying to find a solution that will allow me to add data to the Event Table, Citizen Info, and Species Info in the same fashion 

BUT I then want three other RELATED tables there that can be selected to enter data to 1 or all of the Bear, Sick Dead or Hemorrhagic tables.

I am not sure if this can be done with Survey123

Can I add data to a FC and have 3 different Related Tables and be able to choose which one I want to add data to?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

I'm not sure if I understand well your doubts, but sure you can add related record to main feature with Repeats—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

I recommend a reading to this: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2020/04/09/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-repeats 

And also a look at this: Designing Related Records in Survey123 for ArcGIS for use in ArcGIS Online 

Cheers

Stefano

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SMauri
by
Occasional Contributor III

I'm not sure if I understand well your doubts, but sure you can add related record to main feature with Repeats—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

I recommend a reading to this: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2020/04/09/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-repeats 

And also a look at this: Designing Related Records in Survey123 for ArcGIS for use in ArcGIS Online 

Cheers

Stefano