Spatial Analyst or Business Analyst for a local government?

05-15-2020 12:58 PM
MelissaDrake
New Contributor II

I work for the county and I am needing to come up with a project that uses either Spatial Analyst or Business Analyst or both. I have looked at parcel data, election data but do not have a clear project for these two extensions. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

2 Replies
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor

Melissa,

As as what these two products bring to the table i would start with looking at the first few intro pages to see which analysis tools could so with the data that you are working with.

What is the ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension?—ArcGIS Help | Documentation 

What is Business Analyst Desktop?—Help | Documentation 

Personally I am more familiar with Business Analyst Desktop but could imagine what one can do having some volumetric type data derived potentially from parcel data and which tools could be beneficial.  If you can provide a bit more of what type of analysis you are imagining and with what data that you ahve.

Regards,
Jason R.

MelissaDrake
New Contributor II

Jason,

Thank you so much for replying. I have decided to work with Crime data types and date/time. I thought I would also compare it with language and income to see if that has an influence on it. What are your thoughts on that? I can do parcel data but don’t know what kind of analytics I can do with it.