Does ESRI host license manager for ArcMap?

Jump to solution
11-22-2019 05:45 AM
HarroldLikens1
New Contributor II

I work in Florida and our company's license server is in Newark. When the server or vpn is down I have to contact someone there and it can be quite an issue. Does ESRI host license manager on the Cloud as a service through ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
megan_r
Esri Contributor

Hello Harrold,

License manager is a product that allows you (or in this case someone else in your organization) to install and use Concurrent Use versions of Esri products on as many machines as you want. It is not managed by Esri, but is rather a product provided by Esri to manage concurrent use licenses. 

About the license manager—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Best,

Megan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
megan_r
Esri Contributor

Hello Harrold,

License manager is a product that allows you (or in this case someone else in your organization) to install and use Concurrent Use versions of Esri products on as many machines as you want. It is not managed by Esri, but is rather a product provided by Esri to manage concurrent use licenses. 

About the license manager—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Best,

Megan

HarroldLikens1
New Contributor II

Thanks for your answer. I figured as much, but we were having internet issues with vpn and our internet service provider. I believe we have resolved those issues, well at least I haven't heard any complaints!

0 Kudos