Layer fails to load in Collector

04-24-2019 02:38 AM
ColinBourne1
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I have a layer that fails to load within the new version of Collector (Apple device). I get the following error message

Domain: com.esri.arcgis.runtime.error

Code: 2

Description: Invalid argument

The layer loads within Collector Classic and on other platforms (Android).

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows what the code is referring to?

Cheers

Colin

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Kara_Shindle
Occasional Contributor III

Any answers if the layer dropping this code is a WFS hosted on our own server?  I cannot go into AGOL & edit domains like the response suggests above.  Do I need to just use Collector (Classic) instead?

UtilitiesCoordinator
New Contributor II

I recently got an iPhone and the Collector app updated, which caused me to have the same problem, I eventually found a solution that worked. Try these steps below.

1) In ArcGIS Online go to Data - Fields for the layers you are trying to use in collector.  In the List of Values, delete the spaces from the values under the Code heading. Do this one by one down the list, then start at the top of the list putting the spaces back in. Make sure there are no spaces before the first character. The click Save.

2) Open parent feature layer, and select Add to new map with full editing control. Remove any unneeded layers, and save each layer. Save the map with a new name.

3) Define the extent of the webmap you just save and un-check Use in ArcGIS Collector. Save the General and Webmap sections, and return to Content. Open layer again and recheck Use in ArcGIS Collector.

*This worked for me, and was the only method that preserved the layer schema's.

Good Luck

RustyBarker
New Contributor II

I have a map with a layer that I setup last year (August 2019) and it worked just fine in Collector. Fast forward to last week and I went to make some edits while in the field and I am greeted with the following error:

Domain: com.esri.arcgis.runtime.error
Code: 2
Description: Invalid argument

The map and layer show up just fine in a web browser. Issue seems to be isolated to Collector App.

I have tried going through each domain, editing the codes, revert back to the original, and then re-saving but I continue to get the same error. Anyone else still having this issue? Really don't want to have to re-create this feature layer. Help!

JessicaWay1
New Contributor III

We are having this same issue with a set of view layers wer are using in the Field Maps App. The layers had been working fine for several months and then suddenly we got the errors. Everything is working correctly in the web map but not mobile.

We tried the adding spaces to the 'code' in the domains but did not have success. Only rebuilting the layers from scratch fixed the issue.

0 Kudos
AliDiba3
New Contributor

Hello,

I had this same problem and error in ArcGIS Field Maps with mobile map packages. I disabled editor tracking on the feature dataset that contained the feature class and this fixed the issue.

Adam

0 Kudos