Intersect line with 2 points keeping attributes of the 3

Jump to solution
05-24-2020 09:28 AM
LuisRibeiro
New Contributor

Hi all.

I have a polyline (powerline) passing by several points (electric poles). I want to intersect it with the points and for each of the segments between each 2 consecutive points keep the attibutes of the three (the line segment, point 1 and point 2).

When intersecting the line and the points i can only get the attributes for one of the two points.
Any ideias?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi Luis, this can be done relatively easily fortunately, although from my experience it's not common knowledge.

Just make sure that the field is a text field, as we will be using a join operation. Use field calculator to create a new field with a copy of it as a string if so.

One line intersecting 2 points:

S{

Spatial join of intersection, 'Join' field mapping specified with a comma ',' delimiter:

Output line:

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi Luis, this can be done relatively easily fortunately, although from my experience it's not common knowledge.

Just make sure that the field is a text field, as we will be using a join operation. Use field calculator to create a new field with a copy of it as a string if so.

One line intersecting 2 points:

S{

Spatial join of intersection, 'Join' field mapping specified with a comma ',' delimiter:

Output line:

LuisRibeiro
New Contributor

Hi David. Thank you very much! This is exactly what I wanted... 

Some times answers are really more simple than you would imagine.

Have a great day

0 Kudos