Interpolation runs infinitely - never returns results

05-21-2020 10:11 AM
allenblanchard
New Contributor

Attempting Spatial Analysis methods but the processing never stops, never returns results.  Tried point density, IDW, kriging, others.  Same results.  Tried various maps.  Opened new map.  Same results. Different coordinate systems and same results.  License is current and extension is enabled.  I see no errors or evidence of wonkiness.

Truly appreciate any insights.  Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
allenblanchard
New Contributor

Issues is in other extensions also.  Buffer does the same thing

0 Kudos
allenblanchard
New Contributor

Many other extensions are doing the same thing.  Anyone have ideas other than remove, reboot, reinstall?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

Allen

- What version or ArcGIS?

- When did it stop working?

- What type of input features, are then points in a shapefile, a file geodatabase or ?

- Do you accept all the default parameters?

- What happens if you use Copy Features tool to make a copy of these points features?

- if Copy Features succeeds, does IDW succeed using the copied features?

- Did the reboot help? 

-Steve

allenblanchard
New Contributor

Thank you for your input Steve.  When I reboot, I am usually able to run one (1) extension function, such as IDW, but not a second, such as Contour.  If I reboot, I can usually again run one (1) extension function but not a second.

- Using 10.7.1

- Today, which is the first mapping I have done in 2 weeks.  In the interim, there were several Windows Updates (which I have now uninstalled to no avail) and a new PC tool (Wise Care 365) which messed up my router and one other piece of software.

- It looks like an uninstall-reinstall may be best to make sure all the DLLs are proper.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

or try a "repair" first.   Windows Add/Remove Programs... Remove, select Repair as the option.  Sometimes repair is easier

... sort of retired...