How do I copy a Web Mapping Application that I own?

Jump to solution
05-12-2020 01:39 PM
ARobinson
New Contributor II

I have created a Web Mapping Application. I would now like to make a copy (or even multiple copies) of the application, so that I can edit the copy to make a different version of the application. How can I do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alex_friant
Occasional Contributor II

I know it's been over 2 years, but you can copy apps using Esri's AGO Assist tool: https://ago-assistant.esri.com/

You first give AGO Assist permissions to log into your AGO account, and then you pick "Copy content" from the drop down. Tell it you want to copy it to your account.

Then you select which app you want to copy and drag it over to the right side in the folder you would like to copy it to.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Amanda Robinson,

You can open your Web Mapping Application in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS and choose Save As to create a copy of your application.

Alternatively you may export your app to create a  web app template for your organization: Export as a template—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | Documentation 

BR,

Egge-Jan

ARobinson
New Contributor II

Hi Egge-Jan

I can see the Save As option for apps that I have created in WebAppBuilder, thank you. However, I have an app built in Map Series Builder, and this only has a Save button, no Save As:

Map Series Builder - top bar

What can I do in this case to copy the app, please?

Thanks,

Amanda

alex_friant

I know it's been over 2 years, but you can copy apps using Esri's AGO Assist tool: https://ago-assistant.esri.com/

You first give AGO Assist permissions to log into your AGO account, and then you pick "Copy content" from the drop down. Tell it you want to copy it to your account.

Then you select which app you want to copy and drag it over to the right side in the folder you would like to copy it to.

AmberKeller2
New Contributor II

I have the same issue. I am using the interactive legend template in there is no option to save as for making a copy. I also do not see any options to make a copy on the Content tab or anywhere else. 

0 Kudos
Eneymark
New Contributor

Hi,

I would like to publicly publish a "static" copy of my project work (AGOL Experinece Webapp), while continuing to work on my project. I would like to make a "static" copy of my webapp where all my webapp's associated feature layers are also "static" copies. These static copies would be disconnected from the original service definitions so they could not be updated with any eidts I make and would remain like a snapshot in time. This way, my current AGOL Experience Webapp can be published as is and I can continue to use my original feature layers to continue working on my project. I used AGOL assistant to make the copies, but noticed the service definitions were still connected to the new copies. Is there a way to disconnect the service definition to my new copy to create a "static" copy that doesn't receive updates. I'm looking for this shortcut to avoid re-uploading additional copies of my feature layers  (would have different service defintions) and avoid rebuilding my AGOL Experience Webapp.

Thank you,

-Elijah

0 Kudos
PatrickMcKinney99
Occasional Contributor

I created a copy of a WebApp Builder application using ArcGIS Assistant.  However, when I go to the item page for the newly generated application, there is no option to download.  I'm not sure if this is a feature or bug for copying WebApp Builder apps using ArcGIS Assistant. 

0 Kudos
alex_friant

Looks like that site you posted is a "beta"?  Have you tried using this one? https://ago-assistant.esri.com/

0 Kudos
PatrickMcKinney99
Occasional Contributor

From what I read, https://ago-assistant.esri.com/ is an older app.  And the newer version is ArcGIS Assistant.  However, the rub is that both are technically not supported by Esri, even though they suggest using them.

It's unclear which we should use, if either.

alex_friant

Oh wow, "Today I Learned". Thanks for the insight on that and apologies for misspeaking. I'll try it out!

0 Kudos