Query Layers won't render in an AGOL map

05-07-2020 03:29 AM
NeilWebber
New Contributor III

Hello all, long time reader, first time poster.

I have an issue with query layers published as map services displaying in AGOL (or Portal/Enterprise). I'll try to describe as best I can - please forgive any inaccuracies in my technical terminology around servers etc.

The data is being published from an SDE enterprise geodatabase running on Oracle (11g I believe). I can successfully construct a query layer in ArcGIS 10.5 based on a feature class and a table in the database, and publish that as a map service to our Enterprise server (sorry, not sure which version, but certainly a supported one). I can then add that map service layer to a map in AGOL/Portal.

And here's the issue - if the source data from SDE is in SDO geometry, the query layer service works fine in AGOL and Enterprise.  However, if the source data is in ST geometry - the default for our database - the features don't show up in an AGOL/Portal map. They are all there - the table shows up with all the records as it should; if I select a feature and zoom to it, the outline of the selected feature shows up; but none of the features will draw in their standard style. Does anyone have any idea why this should be? Just to be clear, I've repeated the process several times with different data and the result is the same. The only variable in the process is the geometry of the source layer - SDO geometry renders fine, ST geometry doesn't.

many thanks for any insight

--Neil

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Neil,

It appears to me that the Oracle external procedure agent (extproc) is not configured/set up correctly on your server machine.

Please read this help topic and let us know if that does not work for you.

Configure the extproc to access ST_Geometry in Oracle—Manage geodatabases in Oracle | Documentation 

Thanks.

Tanu

0 Kudos
NeilWebber
New Contributor III

Many thanks Tanu - I'm going to ask our Oracle team to take a look at the info you've linked. I'll report back as and when they attempt the fix.

--Neil