ArcGIS Earth Street View

Jump to solution
10-26-2016 11:40 AM
MatthewDuffy
Occasional Contributor II

From my search results it seems like it is possible to add Google Earth Street View to ArcGIS Earth, if you are a developer with a Google API key. 

Does anyone know if this has been updated and if it is now possible to add Street-View from within ArcGIS Earth with a button-click?

20 Replies
JasmineDu
Esri Contributor

Hi Jeff, 

There are not much updates regarding this feature. However, if there are any workflows you would like to share, that will help us prioritize and tailor the design to your workflows. You can email to jdu@esri.com Thanks.

Best,

Jasmine

0 Kudos
JeffBishop
New Contributor III

No complicated workflows at all other than clicking anywhere where there is streetview imagery and having the ability to see it. 

DiegoMeira
New Contributor III

Any updates on this matter?

According to ArcGIS Earth page (ArcGIS Earth: Now Released😞 "Those with a Google Apps API key can implement Google Street View inside ArcGIS Earth. Using a web service, they can call Google Street Views in KML, point ArcGIS Earth to the service, and display Google Street Views in ArcGIS Earth"

I'm looking for an example of this process. 

Furthermore, in the following thread there is a discussion about the violation of Google Terms of Service when integrating Street View to ArcGIS Earth, is that right?
Hyperlink to Streetview - Widget or Popup 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
XiChen
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hey Diego,

The street view function in ArcGIS Earth is not yet supported. This blog here is one of the examples that you are looking for: How to call point service URLs in ArcGIS Earth | ArcGIS Blog. Hope this helps. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DiegoMeira
New Contributor III

Hello, I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. Is it in agreement with Google Terms of Service to display Street View inside ArcGIS Earth?
2. How to set the right-click pop-up size. Change it on KML's <div> doesn't make any difference.
3. Google API is provided in JavaScript, requiring the HTML to import the scripts and run the navigation in a DOM element. How does that work with a KML file? Is there any other example of this functionality working with Google Street View?

For REST calls and static Street View images this example works fine, but for the actual Street View navigation I feel there are key information missing.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JeffBishop
New Contributor III

@XiChen is there any update on this feature? ArcGIS Earth will not be useful to many users like myself until it is in parody with Google Earth Pro. 

0 Kudos
XiChen
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Thanks for reaching out @JeffBishop. We are still working on this request and will follow up once we have more updates. 

Thank you!

MatthewDuffy
Occasional Contributor II

I am happy to hear that this is still being developed, I hope that we can implement this from AGOL soon.

0 Kudos
NickMiller2
Occasional Contributor

Is there any update on support for Google Street View in ArcGIS Earth? Our Engineers won't use ArcGIS Earth because it doesn't have Google Street View in it. Creating our own Orientated Imagery Catalogs (OIC's) from 360 imagery and serving those up for every project is costly and time consuming.

GISAdmin39
New Contributor II

I agree with @NickMiller2   If some kind soul could modify the referenced method to utilize streetview formatting and credentialing and post it to github, that would be amazing.