How to relate pixel count per tesselation

05-01-2020 12:13 PM
SpencerLindgren
New Contributor

***I AM USING ARC MAP 10.8***

I am trying to finish an NDVI analysis of an area pre/post hurricane Harvey. I have run the NDVI to gather my values and they have been reclassified to follow the values of, 0= (-1.0 to 0.29) and 1= (0.29 - 1.0). The reclassified raster attribute table is attached as the 2016_Classy.PNG file attached.

I then ran a Zonal Histogram to gather the pixel count values per tessellation and exported it to Excel (pivot table was annoying me) and set it up so the attribute table looks like the, grid_count.PNG file attached.

It has all the pixel counts per tessellation. My question is, how do I spatially relate the Excel to Table file so I can click on one of the rows within either the tessellation (tess.PNG) attribute table OR the grid_count.PNG file and have it appear on the map by "flashing" or "Zoom to".

I just want to merge this data together but when I use the join or relates tool it either shows up with empty rows or columns or is given a new GRID_ID that does not match the original GRID_ID which makes the data false.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I don't understand the process fully, why was there a need to export to excel after running the zonal stats? The tool has a sum method?

The OID issue is always a pain, I find adding a new field and copying the OIDs across works well to retain a relationship.

0 Kudos
SpencerLindgren
New Contributor

I attached a photo of what the Attribute Table looked like after the Zonal Histogram.

I want the final result to look EXACTLY like the grid_count.PNG photo but have it spatially related to the tess.PNG

Sorry if I am not explaining this well but I am kinda confused as to why a simple Join/Relate won't work.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Wait, you did a zonal histogram on the raster table?

Use the Zonal Statistics tool and that will give you the answer directly.

Zonal Statistics—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

input data -> your hex gird

input field -> zone id

in raster -> your raster

stat type -> sum

0 Kudos