Passing of Values from Survey123 to Quick Capture

Jump to solution
04-14-2020 01:03 PM
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

I am interested in opening QuickCapture from Survey123. I would like to pass some data from S123 to QC. Using the available resources, I was able to construct a URL to open QC. In the resources, it says I can include a reference to a "user input variable". My question is does the value I pass get used in the Project User Input  or a Button User Input? I've tried passing info and it appears that only one value can be passed. Is this correct?

Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Chris Anderson

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

0 Kudos
1 Solution
3 Replies
Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris,

The user input parameter in the doc specifies the value to be passed to Project User Input. Would you mind sharing a bit more of the work you've done? What information that you intend to pass from Survey123 to QuickCapture; In what scenarios do you need to jump between the two apps and what are the expected workflow? These will help us understand better of your questions.

Thanks,

Mandy

0 Kudos
Chris_Anderson
Occasional Contributor II

Sure.

For the project I am working on, we started with an assignment survey. This survey captures the user’s name, assignment date, and what kind of survey they will be doing that day: aerial (QuickCapture), trailer (Survey123), and creel (Survey123) surveys. For the trailer and creel surveys, I pass the user’s name and a custom assignment ID. I have another survey that is accessed via the creel survey that passes the same name, assignment ID, and county.

So, for the aerial survey, I would like to pass the user’s name and assignment ID. When in the air, you don’t have time to manually put them in, especially when you are counting 30, 40, 50 groups of boats in a flight. So, because I can only pass data to the Project User Input, I have to decide whether to pass the assignment ID or the user’s name. My only option now is to create a QuickCapture projects for each user and add their name in the text input in the background.

Any other questions, let me know.

Chris

0 Kudos