I am teaching in a large classroom with a projector. Students in the back cannot read my instance of ARC PRO even when it fills the screen. Is there a way to increase the font size of the TOC and Catalog? Is there a way to change the cursor so it shows up

01-16-2020 10:01 AM
AvramPrimack1
New Contributor

Isn't the above self explanatory? How do I change the font size and color for use in a teaching room where students in the back can't read what I am doing? How do I change the cursor color or size when it is a light color over other light colors and not visible at the back of the room? If all the other aspects of the interface are customizable why not these? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KellyKoenig
Occasional Contributor

I don't know of a way to adjust these items within ArcGIS Pro specifically, but you can change the display scale on your computer to increase the cursor/text size in all programs.

I just tried it and it works in Pro. If you're running Windows 10, go to Settings -> Display -> and change the "scale and layout" option. See here for more info: How to Use Windows 10 Display Scaling 

Hope this helps!

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Kelly, I totally do this.  I set the desktop resolution to the minimum supported: 1024 x 768. 

You can also use software like ZoomIt.exe (free) to easily zoom in and out on the screen but it takes practice to control. 

0 Kudos
JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks Kelly and Curtis.  I will research the Pro method of changing the font. 

I use ZoomIT as well, somewhat sparingly, as you can overdo, but it is very helpful for those in the back of the room and for videos, in particular.

Joseph Kerski 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Go old school-ish   a laser pointer

0 Kudos
JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor

Avram--

If you go here - Gis Pro default fonts option?   and https://community.esri.com/thread/239813-arcgis-pro-application-font-size here, there is some conversation, but it does not appear that this is something you can change in ArcGIS Pro at the present time; (though it is in the "ideas" zone with a lot of votes).

--Joseph Kerski 

0 Kudos
LinasNera
New Contributor III

It is also possible to use a default Windows app – Magnifier. You can set up some of the behavior.

0 Kudos