Automated transformation of local grids without known orientations to UTM using ArcPro

03-12-2020 02:34 AM
GabrielWestaway-Heaven
New Contributor

I'm new to Arc and this community so apologies if I have posted in the wrong place.

I can see this subject has been flogged regularly on previous message boards, and I hope this is a slightly different question that is worth answering. I have been reading the various posts and training series, which are especially detailed for ArcMap.

I would like to know if the functionality exists in ArcPro to take local sampling grids, with variable X-Y orientations, that have UTM control points on the corners, and perform an automatic transformation for the local data. Or, if I will have to calculate the trigonometry myself to convert the grids in excel. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
GabrielWestaway-Heaven
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the reply, those tools are interesting and I will use them in the future.

I was simply looking to perform an affine (or similar) transformation of coordinates in different local grids to a projected coordinate system, with the use of DGPS derived control points. In the end I reverted to MapInfo where I am familiar with these transformations, I would still be interested in knowing how to use ArcPro to do the same though.

Cheers,

Gabriel

0 Kudos