AnsweredAssumed Answered

Beginner struggling with proximity analysis

Question asked by McSarah on Mar 25, 2020
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2020 by McSarah

Hi everyone, I'm new to GIS and I'm in over my head. I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I'm working with municipal parcels and need to perform some proximity analysis:

1. Number of parcels zoned residential that are adjacent to, or within X units of distance from, parcels zoned industrial. This is a polygon shape file with no need for reference to another data source.
  2. Number of parcels zoned residential that face streets with certain street attributes (posted speed limit, if it's a hazardous waste route, etc). This requires the parcel shape file mentioned above but also a second shape (line) file which contains these street features.
  3. Is there a way to easily identify parcels on corners (at intersections)?

I've spent hours online looking for solutions but I haven't had any success so far. I had assumed this type of analysis would be relatively easy for me but either I'm wrong or my search skills are lacking. I've read about proximity analysis and polygon neighbors, and I'm still stumped.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sarah

Outcomes