Where's ArcGIS for Personal Use?

03-21-2020 06:17 AM
RonCesar
New Contributor II

This must sound really dumb. A few minutes ago, I just signed up for ArcGIS for Personal Use. Now I'm logged on to the website, but I don't understand where to find ArcGIS for Personal Use or whether I'm already in it just by having subscribed to ArcGIS for Personal Use and logged in to the Esri website.

Can anyone please give me a little guidance? I've looked for a FAQ or help but haven't found anything relevant to my problem.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

https://community.esri.com/thread/248073-arcgis-for-personal-use after you download and install.  There are many other threads on this place

ArcGIS Desktop Installation support

RonCesar
New Contributor II

Thank you very much for the links. After I posted my question, I found an Esri email in my junk mail that contained a link to download and install the app. I'll do that a little later. But I'm glad to have these links in case that goes awry. Thank you, again.

0 Kudos
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor

ArcGIS for Personal Use is not a downloadable "product" by itself, it is a licensing type. This means you simply need to download & install the products from the My ESRI site that you can access if logged in on the ESRI website after having bought the license, and in the case of ArcMap / ArcGIS for Desktop, separately authorize the software with instructions you should be getting from ESRI once you've completed the purchase and ESRI acknowledged that. For ArcGIS Pro, you do not need to authorize the software like with ArcMap, simply being logged in with the same account that was registered for your Personal Use license, should work. Pro will prompt you for that if you start it up.

RonCesar
New Contributor II

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos