Is it possible to customize quickcapture app?

Jump to solution
03-12-2020 12:34 PM
PooyaDarghiasi
New Contributor

Hi guys, I am thinking of customizing quickcapture in a way that when it was launched it start taking pictures every 10 minutes in a moving car and show the pictures on the map. Every picture is available on the map for a maximum time of 1 hour and then disappears ( in order to make sure that the shown photos are the most recent ones). Is this something possible with quickcapture?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Pooya, 

If you want to pursue the path of creating a custom version of the Quick Capture app, the source code of the Quick Capture app is available in AppStudio Desktop under Enterprise templates alongside Survey123 and other apps that were built using AppStudio. 

Such customization should be doable by having set timers to trigger the capture event of a specific button including taking a picture. 

Hope it helps,

Erwin. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you want to display the map in QuickCapture?
It's more designed to capture data using buttons with no map/forms. Collector for ArcGIS is designed to be map-centric, Survey123 form-centric and QuickCapture button-centric.

We may be able to use Hosted Feature Layer Views to create a definition to only show features captured in the past hour. That way we could capture the data in QuickCapture, create a View Layer, add it to a Web Map and display only those select features in a Web Map or Web Mapping Application outside of QuickCapture. 

Set hosted feature layer view definition—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

This isn't customizing the QuickCapture application. If we want to pursue this path I'd suggest checking out App Studio to extend applications and deploy your own.

Develop and Deploy Mobile Apps for iOS and Android | AppStudio for ArcGIS 

Cheers,

Chris

Mandy_Li
Esri Contributor

Hi, please check answers to this post How to show near real time photos taken by smartphone in ArcGIS? Erwin Soekianto from the AppStudio team may be able to help with the customization questions.

Currently, QuickCapture does not support such capability. However, this is an interesting use case and workflow to hear that we may consider it for future releases.

0 Kudos
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Pooya, 

If you want to pursue the path of creating a custom version of the Quick Capture app, the source code of the Quick Capture app is available in AppStudio Desktop under Enterprise templates alongside Survey123 and other apps that were built using AppStudio. 

Such customization should be doable by having set timers to trigger the capture event of a specific button including taking a picture. 

Hope it helps,

Erwin. 

MarkC1
by
Occasional Contributor

Erwin, how up to date is the version of QuickCapture available in AppStudio? The title says "Arcgis QuickCapture 1.5 Template" but the version says 1.0.1?

The latest ESRI release is Version 1.6. Will the AppStudio version keep up?

Also, how would the quickcapture project/form web designer work if you were to develop a custom version of the app?

JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mark,

- The 1.6.103 template has been shared (the previous version was 1.5.49). 

- When you create an app from the template, the version number 1.0.1 is for your app. 

- As long as you sign into the custom version of the mobile app with a user that has access to the projects created by the production version of the web designer, you will be able to access your projects.

Please let me know if you need any further information

Thanks very much

John

ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Mark, 

On top of Johnathan Hasthorpe answer above, I just want to add, AppStudio 4.3 is going to be released this week that will include QuickCapture 1.6 template. 

As of today, AppStudio 4.3 is currently in Beta, available in Early Adopter Community, https://community.esri.com/groups/appstudio/blog/2020/07/13/introducing-arcgis-appstudio-43-beta  

Thank you, 

Erwin. 

MarkC1
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the info Johnathan Hasthorpe‌ & Erwin Soekianto

Really good to know, I'd mainly just like to apply my own branding and make a few small changes so this is very helpful. I'll hold off until AppStudio 4.3 is release!

0 Kudos
gmail007
New Contributor

Hi,

I could not find the QuickCapture Template in AppStudio in the Enterprise tab under the New App dialog.  Can you point me to the right place for it?

Best regards,

Thomas

gmail007
New Contributor

Hi,

I could not find the quickcapture under the new app dialog in the Enterprise tab.  Can you help me?

Thomas

0 Kudos