Survey123 Connect Basemap Issue

10-01-2019 10:46 AM
KellySquires1
New Contributor II

I'm creating a survey using Survey123 Connect that needs to go out to a variety of submitters via the web browser (not the app) and am having multiple issues with the map in the geopoint question. I've tried using both World Street Map and OpenStreetMap basemaps in Survey123 Connect when creating the survey, but when I publish it and share the link the basemap that shows up for users is always USA Topo Maps. The basemap looks awful when zoomed in close, doesn't have nearly enough street-level detail, and doesn't allow our users to zoom in nearly as far as they need to. Additionally, the functionality users have is completely different than what I have when I preview the form in Connect. The pin point looks completely different, and even the way that users zoom in a click is completely different. In the "Form Preview" in Connect, I simply pan the map until the crosshairs are over the spot that I want, and I can easily zoom with my mouse wheel. In the interface that my users see, they can pan the map but have to click to again to move the pin point, and when they try to zoom in and out with the mouse wheel the map says "Use cntrl+scroll to zoom the map."

0 Kudos
15 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kyle,

This has been addressed with the latest release of the Survey123 web form (3.8) - see the reference to BUG-000126720 in https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2020/01/22/hug-day-release .  As the blog post notes, version locking will need to be turned off for the fix to take effect.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I published a survey from Connect, after the Hug Day Release on 1/31/2020 with the newest version of Connect, and found that my geopoint basemap still defaulted to USA Topo Maps instead of Streets as it is on my desktop.

I checked the versioning settings as well and changed them to use the most recent version, but the issue persisted.

This issue doesn't occur on the mobile application, only when opened in a browser.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi,

Because the latest release (3.8) of Survey123 was a web only release, surveys published via the current version of Survey123 Connect (3.7) must have version locking disabled for the latest version of the web form to be displayed.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I had disabled version locking as well, but the issue is continuing to persist.

OfraAinemer
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I want to define basemap for the survey123 mobile app survey, that I will create and save in the organization's basemaps group (with vector tile as reference information).

In survey123 connect, the list of available basemaps in "settings => map" is 6 ArcGIS basemaps, and not the organization's basemaps.

More then that, I've changed the map in settings => map, it didn't change in the survey123 mobile app on my cell phone, but did change on my windows 10 laptop...

I use Survey123 connect version 3.7.62

I will appreciate any help

Ofra A

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Ofra,

I believe this is a bit different than the rest of the comments in this post and would be better brought up separately in Survey123 for ArcGIS‌.  That being said, support for the field app to use vector tile base maps is in beta as documented in Include a map in your survey—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation .  Using an organization's base map gallery in the Survey123 field app is planned to support using an organization's base map gallery as part of the release from beta of the standard mapping capability later this year.

0 Kudos