Mike Vinson

02-21-2020 05:16 AM
MichaelVinson
New Contributor

My name is Mike Vinson and I work at the Housing and Urban Development in Washington. D.C.  I work as a program analyst that supports Customer Relationships Management (CRM).  When I attended a recent ArcGIS Federal Government Conference, I learned lots of new information about the ArcGIS suite of programs.  The presentations from various speakers in federal government, nongovernment organizations, and private-sector companies showcases the infinite uses of the ArcGIS programs that helps them do their jobs.  I also learned how graduate students can use programs such as Story Maps to display their research information in a concise and easy-to-understand format as part of their academic coursework. 

As for my experience with ArcGIS, I am a beginner.  I will explore some ideas I have for using ArcGIS programs in my job. 

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Welcome Mike - we are really pleased to have you join us in the community. It's great to hear about your interest in learning more about ArcGIS following the presentations you've seen at recent conferences. 

There are lots of great places in the community that can help you learn more and connect with other members around the areas you are interested in. Here are a few:

New to GIS

ArcGIS StoryMaps

ArcGIS Online

Esri Training

If you're also interested in getting an overview of recent activities and content highlights in the community you can see our GeoNet weekly blogs series here

0 Kudos