WARNING: Sequence Unique ID not found in sequence settings

Jump to solution
12-24-2019 11:54 AM
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm having trouble understanding the Generate Report IDs section when configuring the Citizen Problem Reporter app.

First of all in the configuration it asks to "choose a text field to store the generated identifier" (question 14 in Generate Report IDs section). That's pretty vague. So, I ended up adding a field and naming it Problem ID since I think all the other fields already have a purpose.

I ran the tool with everything filled out.

Then I ran servicefunctions.py. If I understand this correctly the IDs are supposed to populate the field I created for the Citizen Problem table (Problem ID). But, nothing was populated in the field, and it does have 6 records. And the script came back with this warning.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

The steps you are describing all sound right to me. The warning message is indicating that the script is looking for a sequence called 'Unique ID' that no longer exists. Perhaps this name was used for the sequence for a different layer?

If that sequence name doesn't sound familiar, the easiest way to figure out where that name will be to open the JSON configuration file that is produced by the toolbox and search for 'Unique ID'. The file will be in the same directory as the toolbox and script. Find where that sequence name is being used and edit it to match the name of a configured sequence. Alternatively, add a sequence with the name 'Unique ID'.

-Allison

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

The steps you are describing all sound right to me. The warning message is indicating that the script is looking for a sequence called 'Unique ID' that no longer exists. Perhaps this name was used for the sequence for a different layer?

If that sequence name doesn't sound familiar, the easiest way to figure out where that name will be to open the JSON configuration file that is produced by the toolbox and search for 'Unique ID'. The file will be in the same directory as the toolbox and script. Find where that sequence name is being used and edit it to match the name of a configured sequence. Alternatively, add a sequence with the name 'Unique ID'.

-Allison

0 Kudos
DinubaAGOLAdmin
New Contributor II

Allison, 

Could you help me on my problem? I am a little confused on the step before this. Defining Connection settings I am very new to writing script. Here is the thread Citizen Reporter- Define Connection Setting failing??? .

Thanks

Mark Medina

0 Kudos
DinubaAGOLAdmin
New Contributor II

Hi Allison,

I am trying to get the service support tools to work, specifically the Generate IDs and Moderate reports. However when running the following parameters, the fields do not populate. I have tried different iterations of patterns, calling the sequence name different names, and even creating a new field to try and populate, but nothing will work even though the tool says it has succeeded. Do you have any advice on how to get this to work?

0 Kudos