Enable popups for polygon feature in Story Map Tour

Jump to solution
02-08-2018 08:30 AM
SébastienMartin
New Contributor III

When I click on a polygon feature with popups enabled in a Story Map Tour, no popup appear. If I click on the same polygon feature in the web map viewer, the popup shows correctly, but when I click it through the Story Map Tour, it does't.

My Story Map is hosted on my own server.

Thanks for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SébastienMartin
New Contributor III

Found it myself! For the record, here's how to do it.

In the maptour-viewer-min.js file, line 10276, the value ignorePopups is set to !0 by default. To enable popups for other feature layers on the web map, set it to !1.

ignorePopups: !1,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SébastienMartin
New Contributor III

Found it myself! For the record, here's how to do it.

In the maptour-viewer-min.js file, line 10276, the value ignorePopups is set to !0 by default. To enable popups for other feature layers on the web map, set it to !1.

ignorePopups: !1,

RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

We love these self-answered posts   

Out-of-the-box, uncustomized Story Map Tour doesn't support popups on the supporting layers, like study area polys or hiking trail lines, in the web map. We did this to keep things simple in the limited space in the Map Tour and (dare I say it) a lot of popups in web maps aren't configured by the authors to look really great.

For place based story maps though where you want to show popups for supporting layers, the Story Map Shortlist does support popups for these layers. One of the issues with this though is that some Shortlist authors are including supporting layers, like county or city boundaries, that don't have good looking popups, so perhaps they are not realizing that these popups are appearing for their readers. They could just turn off the popups for those layers in the web map if they aren't needed.

If you want total out-of-the-box freedom for the popups, supporting layers and map extent/appearance for your place-based Story Map project. you could try using Story Map Journal and authoring each section manually. See this cool example from New Zealand.

Rupert

MikeGeorge1
New Contributor II

Quick question: Where can I find the maptour-viewer-min.js file?

Enterprise Advanced 10.6.1

Portal for ArcGIS

0 Kudos
MikeGeorge1
New Contributor II

Quick question: Where can I find the maptour-viewer-min.js file?

Enterprise Advanced 10.6.1

Portal for ArcGIS

0 Kudos