Integrating Workforce with Survey123 using layer popups

11-27-2018 01:45 PM
AlexGerrish1
New Contributor III

We've successfully integrated Survey123 with Collector using custom URLs in popups but we are hitting a roadblock while integrating Survey123 with Workforce using the same method. In Workforce, the same URL will successfully download the target survey but none of the parameters therein are passed on.

I see that Workforce can integrate with both Collector and Survey123 at the assignment level but we've been unable to pass attributes from existing facilities, containers, buildings, etc. to the inspection form using this method.

The URL successfully passes all parameters and looks like this:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=b4d070xxxxxxxxxx&field:WasteState={WasteState}&field:WasteStream={WasteStream}&field:saa_id={SAA_ID}&field:saa_building={Building}&field:saa_loc={SpecificLocation}

Do I have to adjust my syntax for this link to pass the parameters in Workforce or is there another step to do this?

0 Kudos
26 Replies
erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Craig,

I checked out the General FAQ link you posted above and had a question about something...

Is it in the plan, or even on the Workforce team's horizon to allow dispatchers to more easily consume/pass information from a feature layer (populated via Survey123) to create assignments?

For example, we have a Workorder Request survey that staff can complete. This feature layer is in our Dispatcher map, and assignments are created based on the Workorder Requests. Right now, there is information we'd like to take from the Workorder Request feature layer and pass into the Assignments layer, however there is no easy way to do this (right now we copy/past or have the Survey 'data' page open in another tab). Things we'd like to pass include attribute information and potentially attachments from the Workorder Request layer to the Assignment.

Thanks,

Erica

Erica
0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Erica,

We do have this request in our backlog, but it's not currently assigned to a release.  This would be a large change to Workforce to allow this type of mapping between a layer and Workforce assignments and it would be a main driver for any release it's in.

I've added your information to the issue, so we have your use case and contact information for when this issue is considered.

Craig

0 Kudos
erica_poisson

Hi Craig,

Thank you for the quick reply. I do have one follow-up question...are you aware of any workarounds that could help us do this in a more streamlined fashion than copy and paste? Also, is it possible for the pop-up from my Survey to remain open when my dispatcher is creating new assignments in Workforce? Even something as simple being able to see the pop-up with information from the Workorder Request survey would make our workflow much easier.

Thanks again,

Erica

Erica
0 Kudos
Pauline_Low_Pui_Ling
New Contributor II

Hi Craig,

Was wondering if there is any update on this function? I was just trying the pop-up from layers but was told that workforce in Android devices do not read the pop-ups instead and was told that the only the basemap could be seen (which has no layers with the pop-ups). Would be a helpful feature to have.

Because of the limitation on this original post, I am trying to pass in parameters using the given Workforce and Survey123 integration function. Any workaround to pass attributes on workers map to the survey123 select_one types? 

Could not see estate_id here...

Workforce integration with Survey123 does not recognise the select_one types in Survey123

estate_id is a select_one type in Survey123...

Workforce integration with Survey123 does not recognise the select_one types in Survey123

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks,

Pauline

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

With the Workforce release that is happening tonight we will be adding the ability to pass any field to any of the apps such as Survey123, Collector or Field Maps.

Please let me know if you see any issues with this.

thanks,

Craig Gillgrass

esri

erica_poisson

Hi @CraigGillgrass  - 

Is it still planned that Workforce will eventually be "absorbed" by Field Maps and go away as a standalone app?

Thanks,

Erica
0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @erica_poisson yes, that is still in our plans and is something we're looking at in our 2022 planning.  A number of other issues and requests have been pushed to the forefront of our work with Field Maps and this has caused us to re-prioritize the Workforce moving into Field Maps work.