Arc Hydro Installation - Versions and Documentation

08-04-2014 07:11 AM
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

Arc Hydro Documentation

https://community.esri.com/t5/water-resources-documents/tkb-p/water-resources-docs

Arc Hydro versions available

ArcGIS Version

Arc Hydro Version

ArcGIS Pro

https://www.esri.com/en-us/industries/water-resources/arc-hydro/downloads#arc-hydro-for-arcgis-pro

ArcMap

9.3 - 10.8.x

https://www.esri.com/en-us/industries/water-resources/arc-hydro/downloads#arc-hydro-for-arcmap

Notes

You need to download the following patches:

Christine Dartiguenave

Esri Water Resources Team

36 Replies
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

The quick answer is that they should be compatible (both Pro and 10.6). We are in the process of testing them and adjusting them to take advantage of the new capabilities.

Christine

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Great, thank you . . . 

0 Kudos
MarkMurphy3
New Contributor II

Hi Christine, when I try to install the latest version of Hydro for Pro on Pro 2.1.2, I get an error that I need Pro 1.2 or greater. Has anyone else had this issue and gotten around it?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

Mark,

I cannot duplicate the issue.

Basically the install package retrieves the RealVersion value from the following registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESRI\ArcGISPro

It then checks the value to see if it is >= 1.2.

So, for some reason, the value it is retrieving is either null or less than 1.2.

You can check whether the key is there or try to run the installer with logging turned on and send us the log file.

Here is the command: msiexec /i

Example: msiexec /i C:\Data\ArcHydroToolsforArcGISPro.msi /l* C:\Data\msi.log

Christine

MarkMurphy3
New Contributor II

Hi Christine,

I didn’t even have a key for ArcGISPro in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, just HKEY_CURRENT_USER. I bet that is because I have Pro installed for a single user, not multiple users. I ended up resolving the issue my customer was having, which was that Hydro was creating bogus results in Pro. Her problem was she had the wrong hydro version installed for her versions of Pro and ArcMap. But I did add the key Hydro is looking for and I will test the installation when I get a chance.

Thanks for the help!

Mark

0 Kudos
EltonChong
New Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.4 registry key is now located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcGISPro.  To resolve this ArcHydro Pro installation problem temporarily and at your own risk, create a dummy string value (say 2.4) for the RealVersion key at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESRI\ArcGISPro.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

This to me seems like maybe it's related to how pro is installed originally:  with the 'anyone who uses this computer' or the 'just me' option.  I say this because for me, it looks like the RealVersion key value is already set in the LOCAL_MACHINE location, and I installed using the 'just me' option.  I do have my conda clone set at the CURRENT_USER location.

0 Kudos
EllenFehrs
New Contributor III

For the record, I'm having this same error when I try to install Arc Hydro for Pro. I'm thinking I'm going to try @Elton Chong's advice re: creating a dummy string value. My version of Pro is 2.4, and I'm kind of surprised that this issue hasn't been resolved already...?

0 Kudos
KevinSampson
New Contributor

I also encountered this error on two separate machines. The issue is that my ArcGIS Pro installations are installed in my user profile, via the option "just for me" during the installation. In both cases, the issue was solved by adding a string-type registry entry called RealVersion with value 2.4 at  Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESRI\ArcGISPro. On one of the machines, I had to add the "ArcGISPro" registry folder first. Once this had been done, the installer was able to complete. I also had to specify a custom installation directory and point to the directory containing my ArcGISPro installation. 

0 Kudos
JohnGaiot
Occasional Contributor

Hi Christine,

I have installed the latest version of Arc Hydro for ArcGIS Pro. The commands seem to work fine from the toolbox, but is it possible to call the commands from a python script? In the ArcGIS desktop version, we would just use "Import ArcHydroTools" to setup the environment. However, this does not work in Pro. Is there a different module, or is this functionality not yet available?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos