ArcGIS License Manager 2019.0 options file configuration.

Jump to solution
02-14-2020 03:11 AM
Chaitanya_Ganjam
New Contributor II

Hi All, I am using ArcGIS License Manager 2019.0. I have multiple ArcGIS Pro concurrent licenses. I want to restrict the access to pro to a limited no of people from my organization and don't want to allow any others  to access. How to achieve it using options file?

I don't want to specify "Exlude"  to each and every user in my organization.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Chaitanya,

Here's an example to get you started.  Create a file with the following entry:

GROUP Pro_users user1 user2 user3 user4
INCLUDEALL GROUP Pro_users

Following the example above, I've created a group called Pro_users.  Then I provided the username of all users I want in the group.  The second line means I've granted everyone in group Pro_users access to all licenses in the license manager.  No one else can use these licenses except the users in the group.  

Of course you will need to save the file to bin folder of the license manager installation directory.  Reread the licenses so the license manager will pick up the new change.  You can test to make sure the listed users can consume the license and anyone else cannot. 

You can find additional information concerning the option file below:

Using the Options file—License Manager Guide | Documentation 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Chaitanya,

Here's an example to get you started.  Create a file with the following entry:

GROUP Pro_users user1 user2 user3 user4
INCLUDEALL GROUP Pro_users

Following the example above, I've created a group called Pro_users.  Then I provided the username of all users I want in the group.  The second line means I've granted everyone in group Pro_users access to all licenses in the license manager.  No one else can use these licenses except the users in the group.  

Of course you will need to save the file to bin folder of the license manager installation directory.  Reread the licenses so the license manager will pick up the new change.  You can test to make sure the listed users can consume the license and anyone else cannot. 

You can find additional information concerning the option file below:

Using the Options file—License Manager Guide | Documentation 

Chaitanya_Ganjam
New Contributor II

Hi Am,

Thanks for your quick response. It worked like a Gem. Earlier I tried using GROUP option, but somehow it didn't worked well. Now it is working perfectly, May be there was some syntax error. Anyhow thank you very much for your answer.

0 Kudos