Working with vertical coordinate systems

01-21-2016 03:41 AM
YigalMuntner
New Contributor III

I'm looking for a way to perform a height (z value) transformation from one vertical datum to another one. Both vertical datums exist in ArcGIS list. If I define a horizontal coordinate system, then I have a tool to project the data to another horizontal coordinate system, and set the correct datum transformation.

I don't see a place to do the same between 2 vertical coordinate systems. Does this funcionality exist in ArcGIS Desktop  10.3.1?

Alternatively, can I do it using ArcObjects?

Thanks,

Yigal

21 Replies
CPoynter
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Melita Kennedy,

I have captured some drone imagery here in Australia and the flight log locations are Geographic GDA94 with Vertical Ellipsoid GDA94. How can I use Desktop or Pro to transform my data too H: GDA94 / V: AHD in Australia?

This is forming part of a workflow to calculate and use AusGeoid09 to identify elevation.

Regards,

Craig

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Craig, 

I have bad news, I'm afraid. We don't have the Australian geoid models in the software yet including the current releases, ArcGIS Pro 2.5 and Desktop 10.8.0. I hope to get them in very soon. 

I know some people have taken an ASCII version of a geoid or other vertical transformation file and converted it into a raster and then used that to calculate the offsets. 

Melita

0 Kudos