ArcGIS Pro: How to set the DEFAULT coordinate system for Maps in a Project?

Jump to solution
02-07-2020 10:00 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro: How to set the DEFAULT coordinate system for Maps in a Project?

I observed that the default coordinate system for created maps is “WGS 1984 Web Mercator (auxiliary sphere)_1”.

How this can be switched at the level of Pro for all created projects (aprx) and their maps?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You select the radio button under your checkmark.  If you have added one to Favorites, you should be able to select it otherwise you will have to scroll through the Geographic and Projected coordinate systems to find the one you want

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You select the radio button under your checkmark.  If you have added one to Favorites, you should be able to select it otherwise you will have to scroll through the Geographic and Projected coordinate systems to find the one you want

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Like this...

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Dan. It works fine with me.

I do still prefer to work with the “undefined” Map that is used to be the default behavior for "data frame" in ArcMap

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You have raised that before, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards, perhaps the User Interface options for projects again would be the best place.  I do know that a number of tools are now disabled if the coordinate system and units are unknown or unspecified.