ArcGIS Pro: 2.4.2: In general, ArcPro has less performance than ArcMap,

10-27-2019 11:42 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro: 2.4.2: In general, ArcPro has less performance than ArcMap,

I observed that the ArcPro has less performance than ArcMap. This observation is related to all tools and behaviors

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
123 Replies
MPC_KineticGIS_Department
Occasional Contributor

I have noticed significant delays in general navigation through the application. Which gets especially bad if you are faster than the application itself.

Examples:

1. Select features, and make a selection from the selected features, clear the selected features, if you are too fast doing this the application can hang for a few minutes while it catches up. (local data on a new very high end machine)
  2. adding layers to geoprocessing tools by dragging and droping, I find it can take upto a minute just to add a layer from the map to the append tool
  3. Manage Tile Cache Tooloverall performance, useability, and interaction with this particular tool is just Bad on every level, ArcMap is probably about 800% faster.
DavidWheelock2
Occasional Contributor II

Here's another important feature missing from ArcGIS Pro that's in ArcMap.  Please give it an up-vote.

ArcGIS Pro: Enable "Add all values" to use format settings from "All Other Values" 

JohannaKraus2
Occasional Contributor

Also missing in Pro is the home and default gdb options on the export window (for both data and pdfs):

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

How about your experience in 2.7.2?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos