Copyright information in custom layout template for print widget

Jump to solution
03-03-2014 09:39 AM
RobMiller
New Contributor II
Hello All,

I have created a printing geoprocessing service with a custom layout template.  In the print widget there is a textbox allowing users to enter copyright information, but I cannot find the dynamic text in ArcMap that relates to this copyright field.  Would anybody be able to explain to me how I can enter a copyright text block in my custom layout that references the copyright information entered in the print widget? 

Thank you,
Rob
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
Rob,

It's a piece of dynamic text:

<dyn type="document" property="service layer credits" separator="\n" emptystr="" />

The easiest way to see what elements are being used in the templates is to navigate to the ones installed with server:

On my machine server is installed on the d: so the path is D:\ArcGIS\Server\Templates\ExportWebMapTemplates

Regards

Anthony

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
Rob,

It's a piece of dynamic text:

<dyn type="document" property="service layer credits" separator="\n" emptystr="" />

The easiest way to see what elements are being used in the templates is to navigate to the ones installed with server:

On my machine server is installed on the d: so the path is D:\ArcGIS\Server\Templates\ExportWebMapTemplates

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
RobMiller
New Contributor II
Anthony,

Thank you for the help!

Just a quick clarification in case anybody else runs into this issue; the property should be "credits" instead of "service layer credits."  The "service layer credits" dynamic text auto-populates from the map services visible in the web application and the "credits" dynamic text populates from the copyright textbox in the print widget. 

Cheers,
Rob