Hosting Story Map

07-24-2018 02:19 PM
ChristosPolitis1
New Contributor

I'm trying to deploy a Story Map on my own server inside NGA using the IC GIS Portal. Found lots of resources on the www (thanks Owen Evans), but my index.html keeps spinning and can't find my Story Map data. I believe it may just be a syntax error somewhere, perhaps in the sharingurl. I think I have referenced the appid correctly. Do I include the https:// in the sharingurl? What is the full path I should use?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Christos -- Use a protocol neutral URL for the sharingurl, and don't forget the rest of it:

.../sharing/rest/content/items

There's an example in the comments of the index.html file that you can follow:

//example.orgname.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items

For an Enterprise portal it'd be:

//[myportaldomain]/sharing/rest/content/items

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
ChristosPolitis1
New Contributor

Thanks Owen, but still not able to connect. I wonder if I'm working with an old set of template files since my index.html did not have any of those instructions that you referenced. It did mention editing the config.js file for optional sharing, but nothing about the sharingurl parameter. I actually added it myself after the appid.

Also, I see a reference to https://js.arcgis.com/3.22/ in the index.html. Doesn't that need changing since I'm on a private enterprise portal?

PS I re-downloaded the "ready to deploy" zip file from https://storymaps.arcgis.com/en/app-list/map-journal/ and don't see any sharingurl info in that index.html either. Looks like the one I have.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Right, for the compiled app the sharingurl is in the config.js. It's right down there at the bottom of the file. The notes there indicate you need to update those values if you are hosting the story map app somewhere other than the portal web server. 

If your environment is unable to see the public internet you'll need to point your app to a local JSAPI. You can probably look at the other apps on your portal for the URL or this help topic might help.

If you are unable to get it to work I'd suggest you contact Esri Support as they are much better equipped to help you troubleshoot disconnected deployments.

Owen Evans
BoGriffin
New Contributor

I too have this question. I'm having the same issue, and ESRI support told me that they couldn't help (this is outside of their support). Simply putting the appid didn't work. It just spends. It works fine when I embed it in another page, but I can't host it using index.html?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

You'll need to add a registered app item for your hosted Cascade app code on your portal, then paste the OAuthAppId for that item into line 51. Follow the Register your app section here to get the ID: Add items—Portal for ArcGIS (10.7 and 10.7.1) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
BoGriffin
New Contributor

Which file should I add from my computer? The zip file from Storymap doesn't work.

0 Kudos