Aligning Polygons in Data Driven Pages

01-29-2020 09:27 AM
PaulGardiner
New Contributor III

I'm creating a data driven page of polygons (forest subcompartments) on a basemap. The scale required for outputted maps is predefined (1:5,000). Output is multi page pdfs.

Users of the maps will be required to mark up maps and add legends as required (pasted graphics).

Is there a way to align the polygons so the western most portion of the boundary is 'x' pixels from the left margin of the layout (or just align to the left margin of the layout)?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

right click on the layout group and select properties and you can set the borders of the layers

0 Kudos
PaulGardiner
New Contributor III

Can you expand on the methodology used for this please? When I right click on the group and select properties a 'Group Layer Properties' window sppears in which I can select from General/Group/Display tabs.

In the Group tab I can select the layer I want to 'align left' and select its Properties but I'm not seeing any tab in the properties which would allow me to set borders for the layer. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

If the spacing is common across all the pages you could shift the dataframe to the left the required amount then use extent clipping to remove the western slither.

0 Kudos