Force Dashboard orientation on mobile device

Jump to solution
01-13-2020 12:39 PM
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

I'm working on a dashboard to display voting results and it looks fine on Desktop:

Washoe County Voting Results-- Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS 

On mobile platforms (cellphone), the Dashboard is unusable in portrait orientation.  Is there any way to pass a URL parameter to force the app to open in landscape orientation on a mobile device?  Or some other way to force the app to display in landscape orientation on mobile?

Creative ideas welcomed!

Jay 

Jay
Washoe County GIS
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jay,

> On mobile platforms (cellphone), the Dashboard is unusable in portrait orientation.  Is there any way to pass a URL parameter to force the app to open in landscape orientation on a mobile device? 

This is not possible in Operations Dashboard. Sorry. Please submit an enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas for Operations Dashboard.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

Owen Evans - any thoughts on forcing a Dashboard to open in landscape orientation on mobile?

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm a product engineer on the Story Maps team. Dashboards aren't my forte, sorry!

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jay,

> On mobile platforms (cellphone), the Dashboard is unusable in portrait orientation.  Is there any way to pass a URL parameter to force the app to open in landscape orientation on a mobile device? 

This is not possible in Operations Dashboard. Sorry. Please submit an enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas for Operations Dashboard.

Hope this helps,

JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

Thanks Derek.  Will do.

Jay
Washoe County GIS