In ArcGIS Pro, can you change geocoding parameters like spelling sensitivity and min. match score?

06-28-2018 12:39 PM
AZendel
Occasional Contributor III

We have a classic county-level enterprise GIS set up: a central ArcGIS Server and many desktop and web clients. The central staff set up various AGS address locators against our county's address points and street centerline ranges. I then batch geocode various address lists against these locators.  In ArcMap/ArcCatalog, you have the option to change the geocoding "Matching Options" when geocoding a table of addresses, as shown below

Is there an equivalent in Pro? I searched for "spelling sensitivity" in the Pro help files, but it only led me to instructions on creating a locator or modifying a locator's settings.  I am not authorized to make many changes to our AGS, including locators. Even if I was, it's probably not a good idea to change our enterprise locator properties every time I need to change the spelling sensitivity or minimum match score for a specific address list. That's why it's nice to have these options as a client (ArcMap or ArcCatalog).

Can this be done in Pro?

15 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Sounds like an Idea post is warrented...

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
SheriNorton
Occasional Contributor II

Hoping for such functionality as well! Our County is also trying to make the gradual transition to Pro, but lack of parity for (IMHO) pretty standard and frequently used options such as this is very frustrating. I have annual caseload analysis for our Social Services department with roughly 15000 records, so the ability to relax match settings is absolutely necessary for efficiency. Otherwise I'm wasting a great deal of time using a street name lookup or Locate for each individual case. Ugg!!!

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

see Scoring options with Create Locator 

You can make adjustments in the locatorName.loc file but as stated in the above link that practice 'can be done but it is discouraged and not supported.'  Also from the same post: Esri is ...'looking into adding support for modifying properties via Python for an upcoming release '...

Adjustments to properties is limited to the project for now.

0 Kudos
AZendel
Occasional Contributor III

In my situation, I can't access the .loc file. The locators that myself and many others in the county use is served via ArcGIS server (currently 10.5.1); I can only access it via REST services. When I geocode a table of addresses in ArcMap, the form allows me to change the settings (screenshot in my original post). So adjusting the settings via the client side is possible. But it looks like you can't do this via Pro. Much needed

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I feel your pain....

0 Kudos
Matt-Huser
Occasional Contributor

@AZendel did you or anyone here submit an Idea or Enhancement request to ESRI about this?  If so please pass along the link or Enhancement number so I can upvote and be attached to it.  Thanks!

0 Kudos