Geoevent Service In Qt Runtime?

01-13-2020 11:41 AM
JeremyRoberts2
New Contributor III

Hello!

Does the Qt runtime have the ability to consume Geoevent services?  I haven't found any documentation yet stating so.  Hope so!

Thanks,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeremy Roberts‌,

No, unfortunately Runtime does not currently support this. It is on our radar and we've been considering it for a while. Please vote up this idea/issue so it can have more visibility. This is specifically stream services I'm referring to.

https://community.esri.com/ideas/9006 

What workflow did you want to support with Runtime?

0 Kudos
JeremyRoberts2
New Contributor III

In our case, we are a telecom company and want to consume a streaming service via Qt runtime to display a series of graphics and their status representing locations of fiber service outages.  We already have a data feed that broadcasts real time this information.  We thought about consuming that feed and sending it to a GeoEvent service and the Qt based app would consume and display the stream from the GeoEvent service.  That way our clients could view any area of concern and see live what outages there are and when service is restored.

0 Kudos
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

Jeremy Roberts‌,

Thanks for the additional information. I will pass this along to the Runtime management team to make sure they know users are wanting this functionality.

I do want to make sure that you're aware that the Runtime does have support for Utility Networks in the Qt SDK.

- You can now trace on runtime 

We even have samples to show how to do network tracing.

Qt C++:

arcgis-runtime-samples-qt/ArcGISRuntimeSDKQt_CppSamples/Analysis/FindFeaturesUtilityNetwork at maste... 

Qt Qml:

arcgis-runtime-samples-qt/ArcGISRuntimeSDKQt_QMLSamples/Analysis/FindFeaturesUtilityNetwork at maste... 

0 Kudos
JeremyRoberts2
New Contributor III

Since it is not baked into runtime, I was able to open a web socket and subscribe to a geoevent URL.  Is there a way to craft that subscription URL to filter the feed coming to me (as the client) to only my current extent?  Or filter based on some other attribute?  I'm looking to minimize the amount of data coming to me (as the client).  I realize I could receive all events and filter the data once received, but that doesn't seem like the best way to minimize the amount of data that needs to be transmitted.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

Jeremy Roberts‌,

That question is best suited to the GeoEvent experts over in GeoEvent . They will be able to help with GeoEvent Server specifics. You may be able to leverage the GeoEvent REST api to do what you're wanting, but they will know for sure.

We do hope to support GeoEvent server and stream layers in the Runtime soon.

0 Kudos