AnsweredAssumed Answered

Overwrite map service on Portal from Pro

Question asked by mark.cooper_SDC on Dec 13, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2020 by ddeegan

We are trying to overwrite a map service that we have published from ArcGIS Pro (2.4) to our server (10.7.1) but the option to overwrite is not there. Having read the instructions at Overwrite a map service—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop , it specifically says:

"You can overwrite a map service that has been published to a stand-alone ArcGIS Server 10.6 or later." 

As this referes to a stand-alone server, and our server is feredated to our Portal, is this the reason the option does not appear?

If so does anyone know a way round this other than deleting and republishing the service? The two options I have thought are:

1. Publishing from ArcMap, which does allow the service to be overwritten - I would rather not go down this route as it will only push the problem down the line to when ArcMap is no longer an option!

2. Unfederating the server - I am aware this has implications and I may lose existing service (there are only 3 so its not an issue!). I have done this before and am thinking it may be the best option, unless anyone else can think of a better one.

Many thanks

Outcomes