Does anyone push their Esri data to Intergraph I/CAD?

07-30-2015 08:23 AM
KimberlyMeinert
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to find people to commiserate with who are Esri users who were tasked to roll map data to Intergraph's I/CAD system.  I have heard snippets about their new I/Map Editor toolbar that supposedly works with ArcMap now, but haven't found a whole lot of information on it.  There is no GeoNet in Intergraph-land...

Anyone?

41 Replies
JohannaKraus2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Bruno - Yes, we have found issues with 16.5 (the resolve text conflicts will cause the workspace to crash during a map publish) and the MPS doesn't route correctly (we have to go back to 16 for that one).  Unfortunately we made a lot of cartographic changes in 16.5 prior to realizing how problematic it would be.

Do you point your workspace warehouse to shapefiles or a file gdb?  We use shapefiles, but it seems like a file gdb might be faster while I'm working with geomedia.  We need a successful maproll before I'm willing to try it though.

0 Kudos
brunosouza
New Contributor

Most of the time the data was stored in spatial databases like SQL Server and Oracle. For local data I've preferred to store it in GeMedia's MDB files, but I've published data from almost every file format that GeoMedia can handle.

I've never had the curiosity to compare the performance between different file formats, but I've never noticed any issues on this subject. 

0 Kudos