Arc Hydro Tools not Saving Outputs in ArcPy

01-07-2020 09:07 AM
deleted-user-yIALGElyA_K9
New Contributor III

I am running Arc Hydro tools via Python scripts. I have recently run into issues with tools' outputs not being saved. For instance, I run the following tools one after the other in my script:

path1 = "C:\\arcgis\\Basin\\AH_" + huc12 + "\\Burn"

arcpy.DEMReconditioning_archydropy(path1 + "\\layers\\DEM", "blyr", "5", "10", "500", path1 + "\\layers\\AgreeDEM")

arcpy.FillSinks_archydropy(path1 + "\\layers\\AgreeDEM", path1 + "\\layers\\fil", "#", "#", "#")

I am getting this error once FillSinks starts to run:

ExecuteError: Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid.
ERROR 000732: Input DEM Raster: Dataset C:\arcgis\Basin\AH_071200020101\Burn\layers\AgreeDEM does not exist or is not supported
Failed to execute (FillSinks).

Lo and behold, the error is correct. The AgreeDEM does not save to the specified location. 

Does anyone have any insights into this and/or have any ideas for fixing this issue?

Appreciative of your time,

Jacob M

Indiana DNR Water

0 Kudos
3 Replies
New Contributor III

Sorry, I am using Arc Hydro version 10.5.0.131 (64-bit)

0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

I just tested with my data and it completed successfully. Does AgreeDEM get created if you run it independently?

Christine

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Christine,

Thank you for your response. The issue is on my end. I am trying to clip a piece from my Mosaic Dataset. I think I may need to create a custom raster processing template to incorporate into the creation of the Mosaic Dataset. Do you know of another way to extract data from a Mosaic dataset using a specific extent? I tried to go down the Raster Catalog Route (using the "Footprint" feature class) but I am running into issues with the CopyRasterCatalogItems tool. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos