AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why is Survey123 Phone Application Requiring AGOL Login?

Question asked by RBdpw193 on Dec 30, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2020 by RBdpw193

I am currently creating a survey form with Survey123 with the intention of having a handful of student interns, a non-profit, and maintenance workers (AKA people without AGOL login credentials) use the form. As I am going through the workflow of downloading the app and the survey, I discovered that the Survey123 App now requires a AGOL login. The older version of the app did not have the same requirement, so what gives?

I tested setting up a public AGOL account but when I tried to login on Survey123 it gave me the message "Public Account user cannot access this application."

I also skimmed through the updates log and couldn’t find anything about this change to the app.

I am able to share a weblink to the survey and fill it out without being logged in, but filling out the survey in the web browser on my phone is clunky and not ideal. I want this to be an easy experience for those involved with my project and being able to use the app would be the ideal solution.

Is anyone else having this issue? Can someone from ESRI explain what changed? Is there a simple workaround?

Outcomes