Why do my toolbars keep moving?

03-26-2019 03:03 PM
KellyHanne1
New Contributor II

This is embarrassing for me to ask.  I have never had this problem before.  Yesterday everything was fine at work, then after putting the kids to bed that night, I had to log in to do a few more edits at home.  I shut down, then plugged in this morning at the office.  After opening an MXD, I realized that my toolbars at the top were completely out of order, and they never have been in the past.  I work at night a couple times per week and this has never been an issue.  Now, I can't get my toolbars to stay where I want them.  Every MXD opens up with scrambled toolbars.  I've tried re-saving the Normal.mxt on my C drive, but nothing seems to be working.  Any suggestions??  I'm running 10.6.1.  

Thanks for any insight as this is maddening.

Tags (1)
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

search geonet using " toolbars moving " as your keyword search, narrow it down to the last year.

Solutions abound, or not, depending on verison.

For a 9 year history, have a look at this first

https://community.esri.com/thread/96249 

0 Kudos
LorinCrandall1
New Contributor III

When Adobe makes a program they put a lot of priority on your "Workspace" and allow you not only to customize the layout and have it come up the way you had it the next time you open it, but they also give you the option to save different layouts based on the tasks you are working on. So if you're working in Premier and you are doing a lot of clipping of video you can have a setup for that, and if you are working on titles and credits and you can have a layout just for that, and it is easy as cake to load them up. Too bad ESRI hasn't gotten a clue on this... They need more competition. 

0 Kudos