Unable to save changes to Hub site

Jump to solution
12-09-2019 09:03 AM
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

It sounds like this might be a periodic problem:  I am not able to make changes to my Hub site today.  I created my site a few weeks ago, and I've updated it periodically, but today for some reason my changes aren't saving.

I'm admin. on our site, and I have cleared the browser history.  Specifically I'm updating a block of text, which should be super quick and easy.  After I edit and click save, it says it does, but if I look at it in a fresh browser it has reverted to my original.

GIS Day 2019 

GIS Day is over now and I just wanted my Hub site to reflect that it was in the past because I started sharing this with everyone who couldn't be there that day.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tracy,

We experienced an outage over the weekend and have a backup in our system as a result. The issue should clear up by EOD but I will report back here if that timeline changes.

Could you reply with the rough time period you last tried to save changes?

Thanks,

Patrick

View solution in original post

5 Replies
NFlourish
Occasional Contributor

Are you unable to save, or are your saved changes not being shown? I personally am finding right now that my saved changes are not shown when I view the site as a "user" ... but when I go into edit mode, all of my changes are there and saved... so the discrepancy is between the content shown in edit mode and in view mode.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tracy,

We experienced an outage over the weekend and have a backup in our system as a result. The issue should clear up by EOD but I will report back here if that timeline changes.

Could you reply with the rough time period you last tried to save changes?

Thanks,

Patrick

TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor

This was between 10 and 11 AM CST today.  The site appears to be saving, it takes a moment after I click the Save button, which then switches to Saved.

When in edit mode, the text I've modified show up, even after exiting completely, even rebooting and clearing the cache.  So what Nicholas said, my saved changes aren't being shown outside the edit environment, and not when attempting to view it as a "general public" user.  

Refreshing my browser now, whatever Esri is working through has fixed it.  I can see the changes I've made.  Glad I asked.  At first I couldn't figure out what in the world I was doing differently today!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, 

I'm having the same issue as of 1/3/2020 10 AM EST.  Wondering if it's another outage?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you send us the site in question? We're not currently aware of an outage but clearly this issue isn't behind us yet.

0 Kudos