Collector

11-20-2019 02:45 AM
ChauhanYashwant
Esri Contributor

I cannot see my AGOL webmaps in Collector. These appear for a second and then the tab changes to "On Device" maps. When I change the tab back to "All "  a message appears " cellular or data connection is required". Surprisingly all these maps are visible in Collector Beta.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chauhan,

Q1) What are you using Collector for ArcGIS on iOS or Android?

> I cannot see my AGOL webmaps in Collector. These appear for a second and then the tab changes to "On Device" maps. ... Surprisingly all these maps are visible in Collector Beta.

Q2) Your statement is confusing: are you seeing this behavior in Collector Classic - but it's working correctly in Collector for ArcGIS beta (which would imply you're using an Android device) is that right?

> When I change the tab back to "All "  a message appears " cellular or data connection is required".

Q3) When you're attempting to access all of your web maps, are you connected online? Can you please check?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
ChauhanYashwant
Esri Contributor

Hello Derek

A1. Collector on Android

A2. Yes, that is exactly what I am seeing. Yes, I am using it on my Samsung S9+.

A3. Yes, on my office WiFi. I am absolutely sure because all other apps are working and even my maps are working in Collector Beta.

I can give you my login credentials if you want to test. Please email me at yashwant.chauhan@esrimuscat.com

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Chauhan,

Sorry for the late reply, I was out of the office on vacation.

> ... are you seeing this behavior in Collector Classic - but it's working correctly in Collector for ArcGIS beta (which would imply you're using an Android device) is that right? ... Yes, that is exactly what I am seeing.

Do the web maps contain new functionality that might not be supported in Collector Classic? For example labels in the new vector tile basemaps?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
ChauhanYashwant
Esri Contributor

Hi Derek

There was one webmap with labels. I deleted it (layer still exists).

In my account the maps appear for a split second and then disappear. Display changes to "On Device". I change it manually to "All" and a message pops up "A cellular or WiFi data connection is required" and display changes back to "On Device"

Basically, I cannot work with collector using my account.

0 Kudos
ChauhanYashwant
Esri Contributor

We resolved it. There was a feature service with a local coordinate system in my AGOL. This coordinate system is not yet included in Collector but it is there in Collector Beta. Strange thing is that even after deleting the webmap collector would not work. It started working only after feature service was deleted.

DerekLaw

Hi Chauhan,

Sorry for the late reply, I was busy this past week with the some internal meetings.

I'm glad to hear your issue is resolved.

0 Kudos
Gustavo_Souza
New Contributor III

Hello Chuahan.

I have the exact same issue that you have here.  However my account as a few hundred of feature services, is there a way to find which one could be the one causing trouble? Derek Law, too, any idea?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Gustavo,

> I have the exact same issue that you have here.  However my account as a few hundred of feature services, is there a way to find which one could be the one causing trouble?

I don't think there's a quick "scan and fix" type operation you could apply to all of your feature services. I suggest you look at ones that have been recently modified (sort your view by date) - and start checking those first. Or ones that were modified before you starting seeing this issue; perhaps you might find the source(s) of the issue. Otherwise, please contact esri Tech Support and they can help you investigate further.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos