Analysis Button missing

11-21-2019 02:43 PM
SteveActo
New Contributor II

How can I get the Analysis button to show while using Learn_ArcGIS?

7 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

What Esri software are you using?  ArcGIS Pro?  ArcMap?  Insights for ArcGIS?  Do you have a link to the step in the lesson you're working on?

0 Kudos
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Hi Steve,

If you are using ArcGIS Online, the Analysis button may be unavailable if your account is missing certain privileges, which you can check here: Use the analysis tools—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

It may also be missing if you have run out of credits on your account.

These are both things that your organization's administrator can fix for you.

0 Kudos
SteveActo
New Contributor II

Thanks for responding Robert and Heather,

I'm just beginning to learn using lessons like this: Fight Child Poverty with Demographic Analysis | Learn ArcGIS 

I got to this page to do the lesson and clicked on "Make A Map.": http://www.arcgis.com/home/index.html 

I don't have an administrator, just trying to learn this on my own for future use.

When I get to the "Enrich the Layer" Section, it mentions an "Analysis" button. Create a map—Fight Child Poverty with Demographic Analysis | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Thanks Steve,

What kind of account do you have? For example, are you using the ArcGIS free trial? or  an account with the Learn ArcGIS Organization?

When you are on the Organization tab in ArcGIS Online, do you see additional tabs for Licenses, Status, and Settings?

If you do, then you are your own administrator, and will be able to see how many credits you have remaining, and configure your member role.

If not, we will need to figure out who administers your organization.

HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

You may also find this response relevant: https://community.esri.com/message/687812-i-dont-have-perform-analysis-button?q=analysis%20button 

You can get a free trial via here or here.

0 Kudos
HeatherSmith
Esri Contributor

Hi Steve, 

I have some more detailed information for you now which I hope will be more helpful.

Do you see a Pricing tab on the ribbon at the top of the ArcGIS Online website?

• If so, you'll need to sign up for either the free trial or the Learn organization in order to access all of the privileges to do the lessons. 

If you do not see the Pricing tab, you are part of an organization.Click on the Organization tab at the top of the page.

• There are more tabs under your user name. If you see only two (Overview and Members) then you need to contact your administrator. You can find out who your administrator is on the Overview tab under Administrative contacts.

• Ask your administrator to make sure that your role has privileges for spatial analysis. The Publisher role will provide this privilege by default. They can also follow these steps to configure custom member roles.

• If you see many tabs under your username (Overview, Members, Licenses, Status, and Settings) it means that you are the administrator. Click on Memberto see and change the roles of members.

If you have all of the correct privileges, it may be that you are trying to perform analysis on an incompatible layer like a tile layer.

I hope this helps, and I apologize for taking a while to get a properly thorough answer to you!

Heather

0 Kudos
SteveActo
New Contributor II
Hi Heather,
I was using ArcGIS Online (without the free trial or Learn ArcGIS Organization).
I'm not an administrator and not part of an organization.
There weren't any tabs under my name either.

Thanks for your messages.  Now I realize what was happening.
It seems a bit roundabout and not so straightforward for someone new with all the different sign-ins and options.
For a newbie like me a single direct path is easier.

Thank you for your help!
Steve
0 Kudos