ArcGIS fails to update the parent version according to the last edited child version,

01-27-2017 12:44 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS fails to update according to the last edited version,

For example, in the screenshot below, a feature is firstly moved by Peter version, then by Sami and then by Ali. I was expecting that when applying the reconcile\post tool, then all versions (including the parent) will be updated according Ali’s version as it is the last edited version. This is not happening.

I observed that the ArcGIS respects the last child version created but not the last version edited when applying the reconcile\post tool. Am I correct?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
14 Replies
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah
Occasional Contributor III

Dear AZiegler-esristaff,

Thank you so much for your input, Do you mean with “then go check each of the versions to see which you want to keep” applying this manually, then how I will guess who is the last edited version (Majd, Peter or Sami)?

Thank you in advance

Best,

Majdoleen

Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Last edited\modified Version can be checked from the 'Geodatabase Administrator' window, under the "Modified" tab:

MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

Thank you asrujit_pb, I will check this and get back to you.

Best,

Majdoleen

MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

Dear Asrujit SenGupta ,

Sorry for the late reply, I think you suggestion will not work as we expected! I tried this example:

Suppose that the last edited version is Majd, but he edited two points at different time, Point number 3, then version Ali edited points number 3 and number 5, after that, Majd edited point number 5. So the last version who edit point number 3 is Ali, and point number 5 is Majd, so if I applied your suggestion (applying the reconcile tool to the last edited version-Majd), in this case the change on point 3 will be affected by Majd version and not by Ali. Do you agree with me?

What do you think?

Best

Majdoleen

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

I think the behavior needs to be enhanced such that the edits are updated based on the last updated ones but not in respect with the time the versions are created. That doesn’t make sense for me

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos