Idea: Limit Tracker by Geographic Area

12-04-2019 08:32 AM
JakeJacobs
Occasional Contributor III

Limit Tracker by Geographic Area 

Vote up the idea above if you like it:

Since in the iOS Tracker for ArcGIS app the user has to manually start and stop the tracking, I think it would be a good idea to have an additional option to track only within a certain geographic area.  The user could create a polygon where they "work" and when they pass into that area tracking starts logging, and when they pass out of the area it stops logging the points.

This wouldn't work for all situations but for a lot of our users that would be a good compromise between protecting their privacy while not working and keeping their workflow simplified (since they can just leave Tracker running all the time and not think about it).

1 Reply
jamieroberts1
New Contributor II

We could definitely use this in our organization. I have field guys that I can't trust to turn on the app or for that matter make them turn on the app since they are independent of our organization. This feature would assure that their locations are logged without their input. Since we own the hardware, we should be able to determine when it gets turned on to log locations. 

0 Kudos