Hi all, I'm experiencing an issue with NULL values appearing in my feature service instead of attribute values (hosted in an ArcGIS enterprise 10.6.1 base deployment)

12-02-2019 03:54 PM
HannahCole1
Esri Contributor

I'm experiencing an issue with NULL values appearing in my feature service instead of attribute values (hosted in an ArcGIS enterprise 10.6.1 base deployment plus GE on a federated/second instance of Server), when using the update a feature output connector. The input is a TCP-text-in connector receiving a CSV file of vehicles (simple, only about 2 minutes worth of data or less, point features). I'm using a field mapper processor to correct for the fact that the output connector has an object ID/id field and the input does not. I've troubleshooted the Geoevent definitions all day and am totally out of ideas! Could this be a field length issue? Or possibly a duplicate 'geometry' field? I published the vehicles feature layer from ArcGIS Pro - initially it had no attributes/was blank just had the necessary fields in it. The resulting feature service plots on the map, the attributes are just missing. Any tips or ideas for me would be greatly appreciated! I've attached snapshots of each GE component. Currently working with Geoevent logger in addition to writing the output to the feature service to test things.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hi Hannah Cole,‌

you could try to publish the Feature Service via GeoEvent Server.

But first of all I would debug the Output Transport. You can change the Log Level of the Outbound Transport to DEBUG and see what Data the Transport is trying to write into the Feature Service.

Log Level: DEBUG
Logger: com.esri.ges.transport.featureService.FeatureServiceOutboundTransport

Hope this helps to identify where the problem is located.

Best,

Stefan