Survey123 error when creating feature report

11-14-2019 12:34 PM
ChandlerCallison
New Contributor III

I'm having trouble with the feature report in Survey123, Whenever I try to download a sample report template, or when I upload a template and run the report, I get an error that says 'getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND.' I'm not quite sure what that means. I created the survey in Survey123 Connect, I tested a few submissions on my desktop, and used the Survey123 website to create the report. This is all being done using Portal, not ArcGIS online. What's the problem?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chandler,

This is likely due to the fact that your ArcGIS Enterprise deployment/Portal is not public facing.  The server of the feature report engine needs access the item/data inside your portal.  You will need to expose your portal to the internet to solve the issue (can open your portal's home page from any computer in the world).

This error that you are encountering is documented here...

Feature report templates—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

0 Kudos
ChandlerCallison
New Contributor III

Is there any way around that currently? We're a utility company with a lot of information on our portal, so making it public facing isn't exactly an option at this point.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

We are currently working on an On-Premises solution for the Survey123 website, which is currently available for testing in our Early Adopter Community.  That being said, we have not yet implemented a solution for the reporting capability.

It would be helpful if you could help us test our Beta version of the On Premises solution, and leave feedback.  This will help us to ensure stability which may enable us to further consider providing a method of generating feature reports.

In addition to testing, please consider promoting the capability of report generation in an On Premises environment by voting for the already raised ArcGIS Ideas request here.

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos
GreggHadish1
New Contributor

Brandon has ESRI completed an on-premises solution for this issue? We are currently using enterprise 10.8.1.

Gregg

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Brandon, 

Has there been any update on this functionality with Reporting via Survey123 within an ArcEnterprise instance? Currently using 10.8.1 and users would like to see this functionality.

kind regards - Daniel

0 Kudos