ERROR 000840: The value is not a File. Failed to execute (PackageResult)

Jump to solution
11-10-2019 05:57 AM
DonMorrison1
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to do something that looks pretty simple, but isn't working for me.  The code below is running a python tool then calling the API to package the tool.  The tool runs great and I get the result object as expected/ But the package request fails with this error: 

*** arcgisscripting.ExecuteError: Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid.
ERROR 000800: The value is not a member of _PYTHON__RESULT__{44960780-1946-4AF7-B9FD-8AAD7585504E} | _PYTHON__RESULT__{61DCE3A6-3E2E-4AE6-8E7F-DEC9042BC235}.
ERROR 000840: The value is not a File.
Failed to execute (PackageResult).

I've tried everything I can think of to isolate the cause - but no luck. Here is the code 

import arcpy
import os

arcpy.ImportToolbox(os.path.normpath('row_toolbox/SharedTools.pyt'))

results = arcpy.sharedtools.ImportGeodatabase(
'UIC',
os.path.normpath('E:/ROW_as_habitat/temp/ROWHWG_Database.gdb'),
'https://utility.arcgis.com/usrsvcs/servers/af1446382d3f441f859c305d15601085/rest/services/ROW_testing/UIC/FeatureServer',
True)

out_file = os.path.normpath('E:/ROW_as_habitat/temp/importgdb.gpkx')

arcpy.PackageResult_management(results, out_file, convert_data='PRESERVE')

0 Kudos
13 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When I run into a possible issue in the documentation I go to the online help page, and complain using the feedback button. I was told by an Esri person that is one of those authors that it goes straight to the person or team that authors that doc page. I just did this for you for this tool (with a link to this thread) in case Kory's message doesn't get to the right person right away. 

DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Curtis,

Are you talking about this? I have to admit never clicked on it and I spend half my life on this website! Anyway a great top tip! Shame the ArcObjects API manual misses such a link.

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes that's the link, over the years I have seen effective results from doing this - second only to buttonholing key people (that I know) at UC!

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thank you for commenting on this Curtis Price‌.  That is correct - providing feedback through that link about a specific issue with a specific help page will make its way to the topic's author.

0 Kudos