Input Polygon by JSON format

Jump to solution
11-07-2019 04:04 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I could generate a point feature in GeoEvent Server 10.7.1 but failed to generate two polygon features by below JSON string.

Could you please point out any possible reason? thanks.

Regards,

Bing

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all

I think I found the format for Geometry, it looks like "Geometry":{rings:[[[XXX, XXX],[XXX, XXX]]]}, I just missed Object for the "rings".

Regards,

Bing

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all

I think I found the format for Geometry, it looks like "Geometry":{rings:[[[XXX, XXX],[XXX, XXX]]]}, I just missed Object for the "rings".

Regards,

Bing

RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Bing –

Glad you got what you needed figured out. I noticed, though, that your JSON representation of the polygon geometry has no spatial reference. You will want to include that to "complete" the feature record specification if you want to be able to compare an event record's geometry to, say, a geofence to test spatial coincidence.

You might find the following references helpful:

Also, GeoEvent Server recently updated its documentation for inbound connectors which includes some relevant illustrations, and there is a blog on using GeoEvent Simulator to pass JSON string representations of geometry which enables you to simulate geometries other than point:

Hope these are helpful–
RJ